I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
When asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
What information do I collect?
I may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to preferences and/or offers
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
(b) information that you provide to me for the purpose of subscribing to my website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, contact information, email);
(c) any other information that you choose to send to me.
What I do with the information I gather
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- I may use the information to improve my products and services.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. I may contact you by email, phone, or mail. I may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Data protection principles
When processing your information, I must comply with the six enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that your personal information must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- accurate and kept up-to-date
- kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give me, or which I collect about you, as follows:
- You have a right to access the information I hold about you free-of-charge, together with various information about why and how I am using your information, to whom I may have disclosed that information, from where I originally obtained the information and for how long I will use your information.
- You have the right to ask me to rectify any information I hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask me to erase the information I hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and I am unable to do so, I will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask me to stop using your information where: (i) the information I hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) I am unlawfully using your information; (iii) I no longer need to use the information; or (iv) I do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that I may continue to store your information or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- You have the right to ask me to transmit the information I hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and I am unable to do so, I will explain why not.
- Where I use/store your information because it is necessary for my legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to me using/storing your information. I will stop using/storing your information unless I can demonstrate why I believe I have a legitimate business interest which is more important than your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where I use/store your data because you have given me your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to object to me using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
If you are unhappy with how I have collected or used your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
What Are Cookies?
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
I do not use “session” or “persistent” cookies on the website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me at email@example.com
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so. I may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which I think you may find interesting if you tell me that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact me using the form below.